Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How can I connect my laptop to my desktop to enjoy internet nouns though my modem?

I want help beside this ! I have no wireless internet but I inevitability to be able to hold an internet connection on my laptop at my house.



I use Comcast Internet and I enjoy a modem attached to my computer. I want to know how to share the modem with my laptop and my desktop at once.

Can someone report to me (in detail) how to do this and any other supplies I need?


Answer:

Do you own Ethernet on the laptop? Looks like a phone port but is wider near 8 contacts along the bottom rather than 2.





If so, find a router. Put the router between the modem and the computer, modem connected to the WAN port, computer to one of the LAN ports. Then get another Ethernet cable and connect the laptop to a second LAN port.



If you want to dance mobile with the laptop, later get a wireless router and later get a PC card or USB wireless adapter for the laptop if it does not enjoy wireless already.
instructions are here...

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/shar...
Buy a wireless router, $50.00 will work


No comments:

Post a Comment